Custodial Services Substitute
Thank you for your interest in the Hart County Charter System Custodial Services Department. The following information will provide general information and guidelines regarding a custodial substitute position.
- The salary for custodial substitute is $8.25 per hour. The cutoff for the current month payroll is the 10th of each month. Time worked prior to the monthly cutoff will be paid at the following month end.
- Custodial substitutes work on an as needed basis. When scheduling, we try to give as much notices as possible. If there is an employee illness/emergency, it could be a last minute call requesting you to report to work.
- If you would like to be removed for the custodial substitute list, please notify us at 706-856-7269.
- A fingerprinting background check must be completed prior to beginning to work in the Hart County Charter System. The cost of the background check is $50.00 and must by paid for by the applicant.
- The maximum number of hours worked per week is 24.
- In order to be considered for full time employment, custodial substitutes will be required to have worked a minimum of 288 hours.
Substitute Custodian Job Description
Substitute custodians will be reliable and honest workers that provide a safe, attractive, comfortable, and clean environment in Hart County Schools on an as needed basis. The employee should have good communication skills and work closely with the lead custodian and Hart County Charter System administration to ensure full and productive use of district facilities.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess the ability to read printed material, including equipment operating instructions and chemical labels
- Work independently without supervision and as a team member
- Understand the relevance of a clean and safe environment and its impact on learning
- Perform routine ad comprehensive custodial maintenance of assigned facilities
- Clean and disinfect classrooms, restrooms, cafeterias, gyms, locker rooms, and other facilities
- Remove and dispose of trash
- Comprehensive carpet care including vacuum, shampoo, and spot cleaning
- Wash and clean windows
- Replace light bulbs as needed
- Report and respond to various emergency calls for custodial assistance
- Perform various custodial duties regarding the set up and tear down of scheduled activities
- Minor groundkeeping duties
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the custodial work as assigned by the principal or custodial services supervisor
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- Prolonged standing and/or sitting
- Physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials
- Must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds on a repeated basis
- Stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching
- Climbing and balancing
- Must work indoors and outdoors year round
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments
- Must work in and around dust, fumes, and odors