Welcome to Hart County !
My name is Missy Vaughn, and I am excited to serve students and their families as Hart County School district Social Worker. I am employed by the school system and work with all 5 Hart County Schools. As the School Social Worker, my focus is on helping parents and students find effective ways to resolve problems. These problems may significantly interfere with a students academic achievement and/or social adjustment. My goal is develop releationships with students and families to address barriers to academic success so students can FINISH WHAT THEY START!
Office: (706) 856-7231
School Social Work Services
WHY do today's schools need School Social Workers?
Children today are increasinly victims of many social forces that negatively affect their role as students. The family is in a state of change and until it becomes stabilized, in whatever form, chidren's unmet physical and emotional needs will continue to interfere with their ability to learn and adjust in school.
WHO are School Social Workers?
School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals with a degree in social wocial work who provide services related to a person's social, emotinal and life adjustment to school and/or society . School Social Workers are the link between the home, school and communityin providing direct as well as indirect services to students, families and school personnel to promote and support students' academic and social success.
WHAT are some the services that School Social Workers Provide?
Services provided by School Social Worker
- Advocate for students and families to obtain optimal educational opportunities
- Assess the needs of students, families & school staff for appropriate interventions
- Inform parents of attendance lasws, consequences of non-compliance and court involvement
- Aid schools and families with strategies to encourage attendance
- Respond to crises by providing supoort and resources for families and staff
- Collaborate with outside agencies to idenify resources for families
- Interact with school staff to promote social, emotional & academic growth for students.
- Maintain current knowlege of school social work practices
- Actively serve on community based multi-disciplinary teams
- Act as system liaison for child abuse and neglect cases
- Provide guidance and short term counseling to students and families
- McKinney-Vento liasion
- Education of Migratory Children contact
- Foster Care Point of Contact