Nutrition Assistant Substitute
Thank you for your interest in the Hart County Charter System Nutrition Department. The following will provide general information and guidelines regarding a custodial substitute position.
- The salary for nutrition substitutes is $9.00 per hour. The cutoff for the current month payroll is the 10th of each month. Time worked prior to the monthly cutoff will be paid at the following month’s end.
- Nutrition substitutes work on an as needed basis. When scheduling, we try to give as much notice as possible, however if there is an employee illness/emergency, it could be a last minute call requesting you to report to work. There is not a guarantee of which school you will be called to work at.
- A fingerprint background check must be completed prior to beginning work in the Hart County Charter System. The cost of the background check is $48.00 and must be paid for by the applicant at the time of registration.
- In order to be considered for full time employment, nutrition substitutes will be required to have worked a minimum of 300 hours or 60 work days.
- If you would like to be removed for the nutrition substitute list, please notify us at 706-856-7294.
Substitute Nutrition Assistant Job Description
Substitute nutrition assistants will be reliable and honest workers that aid in the preparation and service of school meals to the students in Hart County Schools on an as-needed basis. The employee should have good communication skills and a willingness to take direction from the nutrition manager and work closely with other assistants in the kitchen.
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess the ability to read printed material, including recipes, equipment operating instructions, and labels
- Work independently without supervision and as a team member
- Understand the importance of quality meals prepared with care and the impact of a healthy meal on a student’s learning.
- Prepare and serve breakfast and/or lunch for students
- Clean serving area and kitchen at the end of the day
- Remove and dispose of trash
- Assist with counting inventory and putting away stock
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the custodial work as assigned by the nutrition manager
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions
- Prolonged standing
- Physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials
- Must be able to lift 30 to 40 pounds on a repeated basis
- Stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching
- Able to work in fast paced, noisy and crowded environments
- Non-slip shoes are required to work in the kitchen.
- For food safety reasons, no jewelry, watches or necklaces may be worn, except for a plain wedding band and stud earrings.
- Fingernails must be trimmed and kept clean. No nail polish or fake nails may be worn.
- A clean baseball cap may be worn as a hair restraint, but no visors. Alternatively, hair nets are available at all schools.
- Pants or capris may be worn, but no shorts or sleeveless shirts.
Please submit applications to Trae Cown, Nutrition Director, or Jennifer Skrecz, Nutrition Bookkeeper at Student Services, 145 Cleveland Avenue, Hartwell, GA 30643 | (706)856-7294
Click below to download an application for a nutrition assistant substitute position.