Hart County Charter System will begin on Monday, August 17, for both in-person and virtual learning. To ensure a successful start, please help with the following:
For Virtual Students
As you know, schools are limiting traffic flow within buildings for the upcoming school year. Therefore, North Hart Elementary and South Hart Elementary will no longer serve as drop-off sites for students needing bus transportation to and from Hart County Middle School and/or Hart County High School. In other words, in order for students in grades 6 through 12 to be transported to and from the middle school and/or the high school, they must be picked up and dropped off at their respective homes.
If this change necessitates a change for your child, please complete a transportation request form prior to August 17th. For incoming sixth and ninth graders, transportation request forms will be available during Meet the Teacher events. For incoming seventh, eighth, tenth, eleventh, and twelfth graders, transportation request forms are available at the Hart County Board of Education.
Thanks in advance for working with us to make this year a success!
On July 13, 2020, members of the Hart County Board of Education voted to adjust the 2020-2021 school calendar and made the following recommendations.
1. Start date will be Monday, August 17, 2020
2. Parents will be given the following options: In-person instruction or online learning. (except for pre-k students)
3. Parents will have to make a decision by July 30, 2020 on the type of instruction students will receive.
4. The decision is final and will not be changed until school starts in January. (Notify the school in December)
5. New teacher orientation will be August 3 -4, 2020.
6. Pre-planning will be 8 days starting August 5-14, 2020.
7. Four days will be added to the end of the school year. The last day of school for students will be Friday, June 4, 2021.
More information can be found on our Covid-19 Updates Page