Hart County Board of Education
Mission and Beliefs
Hart County Charter System
Mission: The mission of the Hart County Charter System is to prepare all individuals to meet tomorrow’s challenges by providing quality educational opportunities today.
Vision: Hart County Schools will be recognized for educational excellence.
- Schools provide safe, secure, and nurturing environments for all.
- Stakeholders promote a positive atmosphere that fosters confidence and self-worth for all.
- Each individual is valued and treated with respect.
- Each individual has the right to be educated and the responsibility to learn.
- Quality education requires partnership, which is the responsibility of the school system, the students, the parents, and the community.
Please click here to view the school and county commission district boundaries.
School Board Meetings: Public Participation Procedure
The purpose of a school board meeting is to consider and conduct the business of the school system. All meetings of the Hart County Board of Education are open to the public, and an opportunity for public comment is provided on each meeting agenda.
Any citizen wishing to address the Board may be placed on the agenda as follows:
1. A request to speak to the Board may be made in writing no later than the Tuesday prior to the board meeting. Please send request to Community Relations Director Jessica Seawright.
2. If a need occurs and time does not permit the receipt of a written request, a call may be made to the Community Relations Director anytime prior to the board meeting, and the Board Chair will be informed of the request at the time the agenda for the meeting is approved.
Before requesting to address the Board, questions and concerns that involve instruction, discipline, transportation, and personnel may be solved by following a simple step-by-step process:
*Central Office Administrator
If several individuals wish to address the Board concerning the same matter, the Board Chair may ask that a spokesperson for each side of an issue be selected to speak.
All public participation items should be kept to three minutes or less.